A single bacterium may be very small in size and it can do little to no harm to the body, but if they accumulate in sheer numbers at a certain area, it can cause health problems for an individual. Each of us actually have millions of bacteria residing on our skin alone, and there are even more inside our bodies! While imagining the idea of bacteria by the millions living within you gives you a shiver down your spine, you should remember that not all bacteria are bad, sickness-inducing germs. Just in case you will experience a bacterial infection in the future, it would do you good to take some amoxicillin 500mg for it.
Amoxicillin 500mg is an antibiotic that is effective and fundamentally used for treating many infections caused by different bacteria. Some of the bacterial infections that amoxicillin 500mg can treat include: skin infections (acne), acute otitis media (middle ear infection), Lyme disease, pneumonia, pharyngitis caused by strep, bacterial sinusitis, infection caused by Chlamydia and many more.
Amoxicillin 500mg is actually one of the most common antibiotics that are prescribed for children’s bacterial infection cases.
How does amoxicillin 500mg fight bacterial infections? The active ingredient in amoxicillin 500mg stops the synthesis or creation of the cell walls of bacteria. Amoxicillin 500mg obstructs the cross-linkage or bond that binds polymer chains of the cell walls of bacteria. Without a protective cell wall, the bacteria will not be able to function normally, thus they will stop growing, and die.
One of the most important things you need to know when you begin treatment with amoxicillin 500mg is that you need to finish the whole treatment course. Even if you feel better already, do not stop taking amoxicillin 500mg up until you complete the set days of your prescription. For instance, if you are to take amoxicillin 500mg for a period of 7 days, then take it for 7 days. The rationale for this is that if you suddenly stop taking amoxicillin 500mg, you are risking the possibility of infection not being entirely eliminated, and if it is still there, it can come back with a vengeance. Also, if you stop taking amoxicillin 500mg abruptly, there is a chance that the bacteria will no longer be affected by the action of the drug, and this is what you call drug resistance.
If you are going to take amoxicillin 500mg for your bacterial infection, make sure that you follow your doctor’s prescription and read the drug pamphlet that comes with your medicine. Swallow the amoxicillin 500mg capsules whole and drink a glass of water first prior to eating food. While the usual dose of amoxicillin is 250mg 3 times per day, your doctor may increase it to amoxicillin 500mg 3 times per day if you have a more severe infection.
If you have never taken any amoxicillin 500mg before, make sure that before you take this medicine, you must not be allergic to any penicillin products, cephalosporin antibiotics, and ingredients included in the amoxicillin 500mg capsule. In case you are not sure, talk to your pharmacist or physician first.
If you are thinking of taking amoxicillin 500mg for your bacterial infection issues, take note that your dose must be low but effective when you have kidney problems, you are not urinating regularly, or if you have leukemia or glandular fever.